Winners of the ACHEMA Start-Up Award|
15 June 2015, Frankfurt (Germany)
Volterion, 4GENE and Ionera are the three talented winners of the first ACHEMA Start-Up Award. The awards were presented today during the Opening Session of ACHEMA in Frankfurt. The concepts of the three winning start-up teams convinced the experts on the jury from both a technological and an economic point of view. Besides the cash prize of 10,000 euros, the winners - together with the other finalists - now have the opportunity to present themselves all week to an international audience of professionals and to forge vital business contacts.
Renewable Energy for Africa: Liberian President briefed on the potential of hydropower for Africa's development |
5 June 2015, (Germany)
- Potential for hydropower in Africa: 435 gigawatts, equivalent to approx. 200 modern nuclear power plants.
- Nobel Peace Prize laureate Ellen Johnson Sirleaf as guest at Voith ahead of G7 summit meeting.
- Prof. Dr. Horst Koehler, former German Federal President and former Managing Director of the IMF attended the meeting.
- Liberia focusing on renewable energies such as hydropower in ist energy strategy.
- Voith Hydro power plant Mount Coffee first plant to be back in operation after the civil war.
|Company: Voith Hydro
Rotork launches 3rd generation IQT intelligent part-turn valve actuator|
5 June 2015, Bath (United Kingdom)
The introduction of the new Rotork IQT electric valve actuator brings the advanced functionality and asset management capabilities of Rotork's 3rd generation intelligent technology to the direct-drive operation of part-turn valves.
Proven in the field by thousands of IQ3 multi-turn actuators, new functionality brought to the compact and robust IQT includes an unrivalled range of advanced data logging and communication capabilities that have been increased in response to the end users' desire to access more data, both in the field and in the control room... [+]